Saturday, January 10, 2009

One Week

"Mom will you just talk to me already and not be such a hard head." I started. This was after I just told her Jordan and I decided to get married as soon as possible.
"Why do you have to get married so soon? I just don't understand where your father and I went wrong." She rambled off.
"Mom there is a really good reason." I started as I looked at my growing belly. I was four months along.
"Holy hell I think I'm going to be sick." She said.
"Mom c'mon. You have to help me plan my wedding! I'm your only daughter and as far as I'm concerned you have to keep the baby a secret. No one is suppose to know." I said.
"Does Jordan know?" She asked.
"Yes. It was his idea for the quickie wedding." I answered.
"Brittnae." She started.
"Mom c'mon I already can tell what you're gonna..." I tried to plead my case.
"Shush. When is Jordan's parents coming in?" She asked.
"Linda and Henry are on a red eye right now. Eric is coming after his game tonight. Tanya is already on her way her from Raleigh and Jared and Marc are going to be here tomorrow." I told her.
"Good. Linda and I need to find you one hell of a dress." She said.
YEESS!!! MY PARENTS APPROVED!
The next thing I knew we were in David's Bridal looking at gowns.
______________________________________________

"Oh my. Jordan is gonna scream when he sees you." Tanya and Laurie gushed as I walked out of the dressing room to show Linda, Tanya, Laurie, and my mom a dress I liked.
"It's beautiful." Linda swooned.
"I hate it." My mother snapped. Linda , Tanya, and Laurie began to argue with her.
"Guys." I was getting no where.
"GUYS!" I yelled. All four of them looked at me.
"We're in a freaking Bridal store. There is plenty of other dresses to pick from." I stopped the fight. All three sighed.
Ten minutes later I walked out in a long strapless wedding gown. The top was like Jessica Simpson's from her wedding to Nick Lachey and the bottom was poofy with a thirty foot train.
"That is the winner." My mom said.
"I second that." Tanya said.
"I couldn't agree more." Linda spoke.
"Wow. Just wow." Laurie exclaimed
I paid for the dress and Tanya and Laurie got sized for their bridesmaid dresses. We left David's Bridal.
"So what are the arrangements exactly?" Tanya asked as I drove down the highway.
"Small and simple. Eric and Jared are groomsmen and you two are the bridesmaids. Marc is the usher. Small and simple like I said. We get married next weekend at St. Paul's Cathedral and the reception is at the Hilton. Twenty people outside of that on each side is invited." I answered.
"Next week." My mom repeated.
"Mom are you okay?" I asked.
"I'm fine. It feels like just yesterday you were learning to walk and now you're getting married." My mom answered in a depressing tone.
"Aww." Tanya and Laurie said at the same time.
One Week until I was to be Mrs. Jordan Staal. Little did they know besides my mom, we were soon going to be parents.

No comments: