Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Night of Surprises

The weeks went by. Then months. Then a year. Then another. Jordan and I had been together for two years eight months and three weeks. I have to admit that I loved the kid to death. I knew he had his problems and I had mine. I never told Jordan about Sidney and me. I never went to any game or function that I would see his face. I don't know what I would do if I actually came in contact with him. Jordan had his drinking problem. Ever since we began dating he would resort to booze if things weren't going his way or if he was really stressed. Tonight was a special anniversary dinner for us. I knew I had to tell him. After all, my stomach was growing by the minute.



At Dinner:
"I heard this place is really good for Italian Cuisine and I know how much you love Italian, baby." Jordan started.
"Yeah. I love Italian." I replied.
We ordered our food and I decided the time was right to tell him about the Staal spawn.
"Jordan, babe, we've been together for awhile." I started.
"Please B, don't tell me you are breaking up with me." He said.
"Hell no!" I replied.
"Good." He answered.
"Jordan I'm trying to say that I've been getting sick in the morning really bad lately. I went to the doctor to see if it was some weird bug going around and I was told to make an appointment with my gyno. I did. I am pregnant. You're going to be a father." I took time to emphasize I'm pregnant.
"You're pregnant? I'm going to be a dad?" He asked.
"Yes." I answered.
"Well this is no longer a secret." He said as he pulled a black box from his jacket coat. This was it. He was going to propose.
"Brittnae Starks... The past two years have been the best of my life. I realized there is life outside of hockey. I love waking up in the morning and see your green eyes staring back at me. You are the ice to my ice hockey. Will you marry me?" Jordan spoke as he got down on one knee.
"Yes." I replied. He gave me a kiss. A long and very passionate kiss.
"So you are pregnant and all. Let's get married as soon as possible before you start to really show." Jordan spoke.
"That sounds great. Let's go to Vegas." I suggested.
"Let's have a traditional wedding." He suggested back.
"But there's nothing traditional about us. The baby is suppose to come after the wedding." I told him.
"Technically it can be our little secret and we can announce it when we come back from the honeymoon." He answered.
"Jordan." I began.
"Yes momma." He smirked.
"You're a genius." I replied.
Dinner came and the next day we began to plan our wedding. That is after we told our parents and his brothers.
It didn't go so well with mine.

No comments: